In this newsletter: Our Calendar for December / CISS Christmas Dinner!!! / Annual Christmas Bird Count / and more ...
You are invited to join the Cortes Island Seniors Society (CISS) if you are 50+. To find more information about our programs and activities, check this Tideline
link or our Facebook page: Facebook
Now is a good time to renew your membership, or join us, and come to our annual Christmas Dinner in Manson's Hall! See details below.
To read the full CISS newsletter, click here: CISS December 2022 News
To subscribe to our newsletter click here: SUBSCRIBECISS CALENDAR FOR DECEMBERChristmas Dinner
Please sign up before December 10. You can bring a wrapped gift (new, old, silly or serious; anything goes) if you would like to participate in the gift exchange. Form to signup attached below.
• Saturday, December 17 – CISS Christmas Dinner, doors 5:30, dinner 6:30Luncheons
No organized luncheons are scheduled for December. But why not come to the Cortes Community Cafe, Pioneer Room, Manson's Hall, on Wednesdays at 12:30 pm, to enjoy the cafe's food and each other's company!
See you there!DeathCaring Collective
• Break in December. Next meeting January 17, 2023T'ai Chi Ch'uan
• Tuesdays, 9 am, OM STUDIO, Manson's Hall, with Judyth Weaver.Carpet Bowling
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, Manson's Hall. Call De0305 for more information.Marnie's Books December Hours
• Open every day, except Sundays, 11 to 3, until ChristmasWalking Group
The walking group meets every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9 am, Manson's Hall parking lot, for 30-min to one-hour walk, followed by coffee. Coffee location TBA.Cortes Island Annual Christmas Bird Count
• Sunday, December 18, 9 to 4 pmCortes Island Museum and Wild Cortes
• Fridays and Saturdays, noon to 4 pm (closed Saturday, December 31)Museum Events
• Sunday, December 11, 1 to 4 pm, Card Making Workshop with Jane Newman
. By donation. Space is limited: call the Museum at 250-935-6340 or email cimastwincomm.ca to register.
• Thursday, December 15, 10 am to 1 pm, Spin & Knit in Public
, all welcome, 957 Beasley Rd
• Sunday, December 18, 9 am to 4 pm, Cortes Island Annual Christmas Bird Count.
All welcome! More details in separate posts on Tideline and on the Museum's website, www.cortesmuseum.caCISS CHRISTMAS DINNER – SATURDAY, DECEMBER 17
Bring your own wine or beer, and a wrapped gift (new or old, silly or serious) if you want to take part in the gift exchange/swap.It’s also a good time to renew your membership in the CISS society. Or join, if you are 50+, why not join us!
The membership form, with dinner booking, is attached to this article. But hurry! There is a limited number of participants.***********************************
Your current newsletter (PDF) is attached below; the electronic version is available here: CISS NEWSLETTER BY EMAIL
Email your comments to Gina at seniorscortesgmail.com or call Gina250-935-0080.
If you are a CISS member, you should be getting an email with the newsletter every first day of a month.
If you cannot find it in your email box – check your spam or junk folder; if it is not there, inform Gina250-935-0080.
Membership form with Christmas Dinner signup