In this newsletter: Our Calendar in September / Looking for Volunteer Drivers / Happy Birthday, Carina / Remembering Jen / Photo Gallery / and more ...
To read the full CISS newsletter, click here: CISS September 2022 News
If you are a CISS member, you should be getting an email with the newsletter every first day of a month. If you cannot find it in your email box – check your spam or junk folder and mark "NOT SPAM"; if it is not there, inform Gina250-935-0080.
Some of you, with a Gmail account (twincomm.ca included), are not receiving our newsletter in email. I am aware of this problem, and I am trying to find a solution. As a first step, add seniorscortesgmail.com to your contact list in Gmail. Also, check your spam folder.
You are invited to join the Cortes Island Seniors Society (CISS) if you are 50+. To find more information about our programs and activities, check this Tideline
link or our Facebook page: Facebook
.CISS CALENDAR FOR SEPTEMBERHappy Birthday, Carina!
September 3 – All the Best
from all of us. We appreciate what you do!Luncheons
Please call Carina if you would like to come to CISS luncheons. Registrations are necessary for all catered lunches and appreciated for bring-your-own lunches or picnic lunches. All lunches start at 12:30 pm.
Wednesday, September 14 – We will have our annual favourite: luncheon and tour at the Blue Jay Farm. Meet at 10:30 at the start of the driveway, carpool to the farm for a tour and lunch. Lunch starts at 12:30 pm. Sign up with Carina6793.
• Wednesday, September 7, 12:30 pm – The Sunflower, Gorge Marina
• Wednesday, September 14, 10:30 am – tour, 12:30 pm – lunch, Blue Jay Farm
• Wednesday, September 21, 12:30 pm – bring-your-own, Pioneer Room, Manson's Hall
• Wednesday, September 28, 12:30 pm – catered lunch, Pioneer Room, Manson's HallMeals on Wheels
Delivery every two weeks – two frozen meals delivered to your door from Campbell River. If you would like to sign up, you need sign up for Better at Home, as it is a Better at Home service. For more info, please contact Carina: 250-935-6793.Carpet Bowling
• Wednesday and Saturday, Manson's Hall. Call De0305 for more information.Walking Group
The walking group meets every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 9 am, Manson's Hall parking lot, for 30-min to one-hour walk, followed by coffee. Coffee location TBA. Thank you, Myrna, for organizing coffee for the walking group!Outdoor Markets
• Fridays, noon to 3 pm, Manson's HallCortes Island Museum
• Cortes Museum, 957 Beasley Rd., Tuesday to Sunday, 10 am to 4 pm
• Wild Cortes, 1255 Seaford Rd., Tuesday to Saturday, noon to 4 pm
• The Suitcase Project – new exhibition opened on July 10, on display until November 29
• Climate Change: The Cascading Effect – new exhibition at Wild Cortes
• Sashiko Workshop with Ayami Stryck, Monday, September 12. This workshop is now full.
• Worldwide Spin in Public Day, Saturday, September 17, 10 am to 2 pm. All welcome!
• Japanese Heritage Cooking with Suzu and Michael, Sunday, September 18, 3–5 pm. Registrations required.Old Schoolhouse Art Gallery
• Water/Colour, Judith Williams, August 26 to September 4
Gallery is open on Fridays, 6 to 9 pm; Saturdays and Sundays, 2 to 6 pmWE ARE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEER DRIVERS
Please call Carina if you can drive seniors-in-need to and from Campbell River.
Feel free to contact Carina6793, for more information or for signing up.
Coordinator of Seniors Helping Seniors and Better at Home
250-935-6793 (weekdays, between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.)SENIORS HELPING SENIORS
Carina Verhoeve is coordinating the Seniors Helping Seniors program. Contact Carina (250-935-6793) with any questions regarding CISS, Better at Home program, seniors’ lunches, Meals on Wheels, Literary Afternoons, and other programs sponsored by the CISS. Respect Carina's hours: call Carina Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (unless emergency).BETTER AT HOME
Call Carina 250-935-6793 (Monday–Friday, 10–5) or email Ester at betterathomecortesgmail.com for an intake form. Any questions? Don’t hesitate to reach out to us.***********************************
Your current newsletter (PDF) is attached below; the electronic version is available here: CISS NEWSLETTER BY EMAIL