“The shorter the chain between raw food and fork, the fresher it is and the more transparent the system is.” Joel SalatinLinnaea Farm Food Guild
In the dictionary it’s an association of people for mutual aid or the pursuit of a common goal. In Permaculture, a guild is a system of efficiently grouping different parts together in order to use everything to its fullest potential.Linnaea Farm Food Guild members
• can order fresh in season awesomeness through an online order form
• can order value added products and nutritious take home meals made from farm goods
• have access to our agricultural library,
• get first access to linnaea farm seeds, beef, and other farm products. If we're not producing it this year, we are connecting with other small-scale farms to get products to you (pasture raised chicken and lamb are some of the products we are currently securing).
• can donate to Gifting the Guild: which supports members of our communityWe're in it for the long run, the marathon of food security!To participate in the Linnaea Farm guild you:
1. become a member ($40 includes an LFS membership and Guild Membership for the year)
2. make an investment – whatever you would like it to be. Some people made a $600 investment, others $100. You top up as needed. The investment goes on your account and every order you make takes it off your account. Easy peasy.
3. Place your order by the designated order day for pick up the coming week (Wednesday). If you aren’t around, don’t put an order in. Have family and friends visiting? Order more goods!Sign me up!
With Adam and Orlando at the helm of vegetable production ensuring that only the best goods get to you, we’ve got some new things brewing in the Linnaea Farm production kitchen:
Carly Anne Mersereau will be joining Kirsten by the ovens for Guild days, helping to create nourishing and wholesome treats to compliment the week's farm fresh goods.
Menus will be guided by the garden, making use of gorgeous Linnaea produce and organic BC staples like grains, legumes, and dairy.
Each week a diversity of sourdoughs, salads, sweets, and savouries will be offered. Preserves and ferments will keep the seasons alive!Serious, I’m in! Sign me up!
Once you click on the link, it'll take a moment for us to allow you access to the website, so be patient!
Your investment supports the livelihood of a local farm that is committed to the continuation of building regenerative food systems and sharing our knowledge with the Cortes Island Community.
Questions? Reach out to the email below!
"Though I do not believe that a plant will spring up where no seed has been, I have great faith in a seed. Convince me that you have a seed there, and I am prepared to expect wonders."
- Henry David Thoreau**