EXCITING LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES ON CORTES!Hollyhock - Facilities Manager
Position: Facilities Manager
Reports to: Campus Director
Start Date: February 2022
Hours and Location: Full-time Seasonal (Mar-Nov) on Cortes Island
Starting Wage: $26/hour plus annual health benefits
Hollyhock exists to inspire, nourish, and support people who are making the world better. We host over 100 personal and professional development programs each year, immersing our staff in a culture of connection, personal growth, and progressive social change.
Our oceanfront Cortes Island campus rests in the traditional territories of the KIahoose, Tla’amin, and Homalco Nations; we are committed to renewing and improving our relationships with these First Nations peoples.
Our campus boasts rustic accommodations, seasonal meals, yoga, bodywork, a world-famous garden, hot tubs, and a network of nature trails through our campus and connecting to nearby
parks. Hollyhock staff receive discounts on all of our services and meals, and the opportunity to experience a complimentary Hollyhock program.
We believe that a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve strengthens our ability to achieve our mission. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, and with a range of life experiences to apply.
Please feel free to state any aspects of your identity that may contribute to diversity in our workforce in your cover letter, so we can prioritize your application.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Facilities Manager Is a crucial leadership role for directing and providing maintenance operations on our Cortes Island Campus including over 47 acres and 2 off site properties. They
are responsible for the general servicing and repair of our infrastructure, equipment, furnishings, fixtures and the grounds and trails.
We are looking for a versatile leader to join our team and actively update and upgrade our facility.
You have the hands-on skills required with an attention for property building maintenance, including well water, septic systems, hot tub mechanical, utilities, and a variety of remote island
terrain. You have a strength for independent problem solving with strong communication.
You desire a collaborative team culture and prioritize safety.
● Actively participates in decision-making and culture building for Campus operations
● Direct report for the maintenance and grounds staff including: scheduling, task delegation, performance management, training and development.
● Ensures effective building inspection, audit, and evaluation programs are in place,
● Responsible for financial management working within the annual maintenance budget
● Create and update as needed a Maintenance department manual including emergency systems and power outage procedures.
● Work collaboratively with the CEO, Campus Planning Committee, & Capital Projects on major maintenance, refurbishment and renovation projects.
● Provide departmental expertise in development of eco-conscious upgrades and
sustainability throughout the Campus.
CAMPUS & GROUNDS
● Plan and implement a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual schedule of preventative maintenance to ensure the infrastructure, equipment, and vehicles are safe and in good working order.
● Maintain the appearance and upkeep of the grounds and buildings.
● Effectively communicates and interacts with all Campus departments staff especially guest service, and kitchen teams.
● Responsible for ensuring appropriate building and hot tub regulatory & code compliance,
● Provide advice and guidance on facilities issues, and assists with the development of policies and procedures.
● Participates in in-person and virtual meetings and development opportunities.
● Follows and engages in all health and safety policies and procedures to reduce the risk of injury to self, staff and guests,
● Actively collaborates with Campus Coordinator and Campus Managers to promptly address hazardous or potentially hazardous situations.
● Works in compliance with all WorkSafe BC requirements
● Experience in maintenance is required
● Experience and knowledge of using and maintaining chainsaws, and power equipment.
● Able to lift (100lbs) and be on your feet moving for up to 8 hours. Must be physically fit and able to move quickly on uneven terrain.
● Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task,
● Must possess a valid provincial driver’s licence and have access to a vehicle,
● Must be prepared to respond to emergency situations and schedule on call after hours support.
● Plumbing and carpentry experience an asset
● The successful candidate must be legally able to work in Canada and enjoy living in a
● Working outside in all weather conditions, as well as in our buildings and in the maintenance shop,
● The Facilities Manager often has many demands and must multi-task, often working with
guests, staff, and contractors onsite.
Please apply using the online form at hollyhock.ca/jobs
You will have an opportunity to upload your resume and cover letter.
This position is open until it is filled. Please get your application in as soon as possible. Only
short-listed candidates will be contacted.www.hollyhock.ca/jobsOther Opportunities:
Klahoose Wilderness Resort - Resort Managerhttps://www.go2hr.ca/jobs/resort-manager-onsite-and-remote
Cortes Museum - Managing Directorhttps://cortesmuseum.com/jobs/
Teen Szene - Coordinator
CO-OP - Supervisors