Employment Opportunity at the Cortes Island Museum
Are you a motivated individual looking for permanent employment on Cortes? The Cortes Island Museum is accepting applications for the position of Managing Director. This is a part-time position (60 hours per month), starting in February 2022. Applications will be accepted until January 31 (new extended date).
The responsibilities of this position may include:
• Administration of the day-to-day operation of the Museum & Archives including some financial record keeping
• Acting as the primary contact for public & media inquiries
• Conducting community liaison activities
• Managing the Museum Shop & Tourist/Visitor info area
• Assisting the Board of Directors with strategic planning, fundraising initiatives, grant writing, etc. as needed
A combination of training or experience in some of the following areas will be considered an asset:
• Non-profit or community organization-based management
• Heritage or Arts & Cultural sector
• Social media platforms
• Team building
Mentorship will be provided by the current Managing Director & members of the Board of Directors.
To apply for this position, please email a resume of your qualifications and experience to the following address: cimasmanagingdirectorgmail.com.
All applications and inquiries will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
To learn more about the Cortes Island Museum & Archives Society visit our website at www.cortesmuseum.ca
We wish to acknowledge the Klahoose, Tla’amin and Homalco Nations upon whose territories the programs and activities of the Cortes Island Museum & Archives take place.