In this newsletter: Christmas Bird Count – January 5 / Activities on hold until after January 18 / Just for laughs ... / and not much more ...CISS CALENDAR FOR January
Many of our activities are on hold until January 18. CISS members will be notified by email about events happening in January.Luncheons
January lunches are on hold until January 18. Dates and locations will be sent to CISS members by email. We are hoping for the two last Wednesdays in January. Literary Afternoons
If COVID-19 restrictions are eased after January 18, we are planning to have Literary Afternoon in January, as scheduled.
• Sunday, January 23, 2 to 3:30 p.m. at Hollyhock. With COVID-19 rules in place as required.
Cortes Island DeathCaring Collective
• Tuesday, January 11 – most probably postponed due to covid-19 new restriction.
Check Tidelines for the announcement
• Tuesday, February 1, 2 to 3:30, Hollyhock. More details coming in a Tideline post.Cortes Island Museum
CBC, Christmas Bird Count, is the Museum’s all-island event scheduled for Wednesday, January 5 (rescheduled from Sunday, January 2, 2022, due to stormy weather).
• Wednesday, January 5 – the Museum invites all to participate in the Christmas Bird Count. More details and bird count forms at www.cortesmuseum.com/bird-counting/
• Cortes Museum and Wild Cortes will be open as usual on Fridays and Saturdays, noon to 4 p.m., starting on January 7 Walking Group
The walking group meets every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9 a.m., Manson's Hall parking lot, for 30-min to one-hour walk. Coffee – oh, well, ...BETTER AT HOME
Better at Home (BAH) on Cortes has gutter and roof cleaning available for Better at Home clients. It is our newest service.Better at Home: Who can sign up?
The BAH program offers non-medical services to seniors who are:
• 65 years of age or older
• CISS members between 50 & 65 with mobility or health challenges
• Residents of Cortes Island
• Living in their own home
Contact Ester by email: betterathomecortesgmail.com or phone Carina 250-935-6793 (Monday–Friday, 10–5). We can send you an intake form, help you fill it out if needed, and are happy to answer any questions.MEALS ON WHEELS Update
This service is now on hold due to new COVID-19 Omicron restrictions. Hopefully, it will be offered again soon.
The cost is on a sliding scale of $5 to $20 but no one will be turned away due to lack of funds.
For now, this service is offered to CISS members only who can't or don't want to cook for themselves.
• Call Carina6793 if you are interested. Call before each Friday, 5 p.m., to book your meal.
AND MORE IN OUR FULL NEWSLETTER, with some "just for laughs" to cheer you up in this winter and covid-19 season.***********************************
Your current newsletter is attached below; the electronic version is available here: CISS NEWSLETTER BY EMAIL
Email your comments to Gina at seniorscortesgmail.com or call Gina250-935-0080.
If you are a CISS member, you should be getting an email with the newsletter every first day of a month.
If you cannot find it in your email box – check your spam or junk folder; if it is not there, inform Gina250-935-0080.