On Monday, March 8 from 3:30-5:00 pm Cortes garden Club presents GABBING ABOUT COMPOST with local compost junkies & soil health ambassadors Whitney Vanderleest (professional gardener & permaculturist on Cortes Island) & Melissa Rickey (professional gardener and passionate permaculture practitioner).
Nothing is more important to the success of our gardens than the health and fertility of our soil. Due to ongoing popular demand, Gabbing About Soil Health is now a monthly session. We will continue to learn:
* How to encourage beneficial microbes to inhabit your compost & your soil
* How to optimize the worm population in your compost
* Correct commonly made mistakes when it comes to soil health
* How can we improve soil texture
* The common signs that our soil is deficient and what we can do about it.
Zoom Meeting Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85847630918?pwd=R0ZGSEZOTU12K1NjcDVuMFNicWMxUT09
Meeting ID: 858 4763 0918