Wishing You all the Best in This Holiday Season and a Happy New Year 2021!OUR CALENDAR FOR DECEMBER
The walking group meets every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9 a.m., Manson's Hall parking lot, for 30-min to one-hour walk, followed by coffee in the outside seating of the Co-op café. All – following COVID-19 restrictions.
We had to put lunches on hold due to recent restrictions. A small project on take-out lunches is underway. We will keep you posted.
OUTDOOR MARKETS AND HOLIDAY SHOPPING
• Whaletown Christmas Bazaar, OUTDOOR, Saturday, December 12
• Manson's Hall OUTDOOR Xmas Craft Fair, Saturday, December 19 (to be confirmed)
• Squirrel Cove Craft Shop, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., last weekend in November and December 4, 5, 6 and 11, 12, 13
• Cortes Island Museum Store, Friday and Saturday, noon to 4 p.m.
CORTES ISLAND MUSEUM
• Main Gallery, 957 Beasley Road, Friday and Saturday, noon to 4 p.m.
• Wild Cortes at Linnaea Education Centre is now temporarily closed due to recent COVID-19 restrictions.
CORTES ISLAND CHRISTMAS BIRD COUNT
• Sunday, December 27, Cortes Island Christmas Bird Count with COVID-19 restrictions. You need to register, please call the Museum250-935-6340.
• Folk U is on CKTZ 89.5 FM, https://cortesradio.ca
• Floathouse restaurant limited hours and take-out only. Details posted on Tideline or call 250-935-6433
• Toki Bap Café, Manson's Hall – Thursday and Friday, take-out only, Text or call 250-201-5421 or toki8cafegmail.com
• Co-op Café in Mansons – Wednesday and Friday, café open with outside sitting only, and remember about take-out pizza nights!
• Christmas Dinner – read on...
CHRISTMAS DAY DINNER
• December 10 is the deadline for registration. You have received an invitation in your mailbox or you can register by email (see the article on Tideline). Please provide number of people in the party, traditional or vegetarian option, phone and contact information, time you will pick it up (pick-up on Christmas Day at the Floathouse Restaurant at 5 p.m., 6 p.m. or 7 p.m.)
• December 24, Christmas Dinner, pick-up at the Floathouse ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A PEN PAL?
If you would like to join the CISS pen pals group, register with Carina6793 or by email to seniorscortesgmail.com and provide your name and mailing address. Carina will connect you with someone on another island.
More details will be sent to CISS members by email. You can also check the December newsletter in the attachment below.GIFTS IN THE TIME OF COVID – by Monica Nawrocki
"Back in March, when the pandemic first arrived in the Canadian consciousness, I remember hearing a phrase meant to offer comfort: We’re all in the same boat. ..."
This beautiful article was written by Monica Nawrocki.
Read the whole blog in the December 2020 CISS Newsletter (attached below) or here https://bit.ly/2020-12-ciss-email-news
Have up updated your membership? The more members we have, the more we can do to help our neighbours on Cortes, and the better impression we can make when we approach governments over concerns or apply for housing or other grants. Our dues remain at a reasonable $10 per person. Membership form attached below.SENIORS HELPING SENIORS
Carina Verhoeve is the coordinator for Seniors Helping Seniors. She may be contacted Monday to Friday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 250-935-6793. Please respect Carina's days and hours when calling, unless it is an emergency. Contact Carina about seniors' lunches, seniors' meals, masks, and more.***********************************
Your current newsletter is attached below.
Email your comments to Gina at seniorscortesgmail.com.
If you are a CISS member, you should be getting an email with the newsletter.
If you cannot find it in your email – check your spam or junk folder; if it is not there, call Gina250-935-0080.
You can also see our newsletter here: https://bit.ly/2020-12-ciss-email-news