Update from the Cortes Health Centre
As the summer is unfolding, and the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions are loosening a bit, our team here at the Health Centre would like to offer some food for thought.
• We are still open 5 days a week, regular business hours. Please call prior to make an appointment and you’ll be assessed to see if you need to be seen in person. Our door is locked, so walk-in is discouraged (of course, we can waive it in case of emergency).
• If you have no COVID symptoms (no fever, no shortness of breath, no runny nose, etc) and haven’t travelled outside Canada in the last 14 days,) you are not required to wear a mask, but it is certainly encouraged. The health professionals at the clinic will be wearing one.
• We advise, as much as possible, to wear a mask in closed public spaces. We have travellers that come from all over, it’s good to set a good example. We can protect each other this way.
• Please refer to attachment for a letter from our regular doctors here at the clinic aimed at travellers coming to our beautiful island.
Drug Overdose/Harm reduction
• We still have a box of condoms available outside at the entrance of the clinic. Please feel free to grab a few as needed.
• Planning to do drugs on your own? Though it’s recommended to have a buddy when doing so, here is a great new app called LifeGuard. More info here. https://lifeguarddh.com/
• Our ambulance station and the clinic have Naloxone kits available in case you need it as well. No questions asked and we can give you a quick crash course. Always handy to have with you or in the glove compartment of your car.
We wish a wonderful summer!