From the Undersigned Cortes Tourism Service ProvidersThis letter can be viewed over time for live updates at https://tinyurl.com/cortesvisitorsletter
The undersigned Tourism Service Providers request your conscientious vigilance in protecting our remote small island home from coronavirus should you choose to visit after the BC Government moves to Phase 3 of the BC Restart Plan
and sanctions in-province travel.
We request the following:
1 - If you’re not a BC resident, we encourage you to dream now and explore Cortes later, once the Province of BC welcomes out-of-province visitors, see Know Before You Go
2 - If you are sick or think you may have been exposed to COVID-19, please stay home, get tested, and get well.
3 - Please come with a plan in the event you do become ill or symptomatic. While our Health Clinic continues to offer care to Cortes Island residents, its capacity to see travelers, visitors and summer residents is extremely limited. See Summer 2020 Advisory
4 - When here, please use your very best judgement! Practice good hygiene, maintain physical distancing, and consider non-medical masks when physical distancing isn’t possible (eg. inside shopping)
5 - Follow the rules and protocols of each establishment and respect the individual wishes of each person you encounter.
Please know that this is NOT the summer for gatherings - all such events have been cancelled, including Lovefest, Cortes Days, Sandcastle Days, Lip Synch, and the Power of Hope Show. This is the summer for being with your loved ones and being in nature.
We will be closely following the government’s BC Restart Plan
and all Public Health and Safety Guidelines
and making updates to this Open Letter.
[Some vendors have appended info below. For others, visit their website for special notices/protocols]
- Brilliant by the Bay Bed & Breakfast
- Cortes Island Vacation Rentals: See our COVID-19 webpage
- Cortes Health Clinic: The clinic requires people to phone before they come in and will not provide full service or routine care for visitors. See our Summer 2020 Advisory
- Cortes Natural Food Co-op
: See Summer Plans & Protocols
- Gorge Harbour Marina
: contact directly for details
: Hollyhock will be offering a very limited offering of tent sites, a few accommodations, take-out meals a few times a week, limited store hours, and bodywork with safety protocols in place. We have canceled our program calendar and may offer some limited campus activities.
- Misty Isles Adventures Sailing
: Group bookings and other limited offerings, contact directly for details.
- SUP Cortes
: Practicing standard precautions, no special protocols.
- Tourist/Visitor Information Booth: The Tourist Booth at the Museum will be open.If you would like to sign your tourist operation on to this letter, please email aytonimanifest.ca and if you would like to join a group email (listserv) for tourist operators, visit https://cortes.groups.io/g/tourismbiz