You can participate in all our activities, but why not join us? Cortes Island Seniors Society is open to everyone over the age of 50. Send an email to seniorscortesgmail.com or contact Peter Elliott if you would like to join us.CSIL (CHOICE IN SUPPORTS FOR INDEPENDENT LIVING)
This talk is arranged by Carina and tailored to our island needs. Ann McLean, the presenter, is a Quadra Island resident who is caring for a relative in her home using CSIL funds.
Please call Carina6793 before February 22 if you are planning to attend.
More information about CSIL in this document
• Monday, February 24, CSIL Talk by Ann McLean, Gorge Hall, 2–3:30 p.m.LUNCHEONS
We have four lunches, all starting at noon. Contact Carina6793, if you would like to come.
• Wednesday, February 5 – Linnaea Farm
• Tuesday, February 11 – Raven Rose Farm, 478 Manson Road (park on the road and walk to the farm)
• Wednesday, February 19 – TBA
• Wednesday, February 26 – Gerri & George's 1084 Freeman RoadLITERARY AFTERNOON
• Sunday, February 23, in the Museum, 2–3:30 p.m.
Our readers are Iris Steigemann, Rex Weyler, Erika Grundmann, Yvonne Kipp and Manda Aufochs Gillespie.
Everyone welcome. Refreshments provided. A small contribution to cover expenses appreciated. Contact Carina, if you would like to read your work at one of these afternoons. Come and join us!MEMOIR WRITING GROUP
• Tuesday, February 11, 2 to 4 p.m.
• Tuesday, February 25, 2 to 4 p.m.NEW WRITING GROUP
The existing memoir writing group is already full. But you can join the new group. For more information please call Carina.
• Monday, February 3, Pioneer Room in Manson's Hall, 1 to 2:30 p.m.
• Monday, February 17, Pioneer Room in Manson's Hall, 1 to 2:30 p.m.JAZZERCIZE
Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, at 9 a.m., in Manson's Hall, contact Ruth6478 for more information.WALKING GROUP
Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 9 a.m., starting at Manson's Hall parking lot. All welcome. Come and join us rain or shine.CARPET BOWLING
Every Wednesday, 1–3 p.m., in Manson's Hall, contact De0305 or Carolyn for more information.CHESS AT SCHOOL
Every Friday, 12–1 p.m., Cortes School, contact Bobo0194 for more information.ISLE SING
Wednesdays, 7–8:30 p.m., Cortes School Library, contact Dayna.YOGA and QIGONG
• Very Gentle Yoga, Om Studio, Manson’s Hall, Fridays, 9:30 to 10:15 a.m., with Yulia Kochubievsky
• Meditative Yoga Flow, Om Studio, Manson’s Hall, Fridays, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., with Yulia
• Yin/Yang Yoga Flow, Om Studio, Manson’s Hall, Wednesdays 10:30 am to 11:30 p.m., with Yulia
• Spiritual Qigong, Om Studio, Manson’s Hall, Mondays, 10:30 a.m. to noon, with Leyland Dowling, 250-204-2453LOCAL FINE DINING IN FEBRUARY
• Community Dinner, Saturday, February 8, 6–8:30 p.m. – Lunar NY Dinner Celebration, Sujon cooking! Korean Lunar New Year Full Moon Vegetarian with Seafood Style Menu! RSVP Sujon
• Dream Cuisine for Valentine’s Day, Thursday, February 13, at the Co-op, 5:30 and 7:30 seatings. Reservations required. Veggie option is available.Folk U Friday Talks in February at Linnaea Education Centre
- click here
.Seniors Helping Seniors
Carina Verhoeve is the coordinator for Seniors Helping Seniors. She may be contacted Monday to Friday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 250-935-6793. Please respect Carina's days and hours when calling, unless it is an emergency. Contact Carina about Literary Afternoons, seniors’ lunches, and more.
Our newsletter in a pdf format click here