Some Important April AnnouncementsNew Phone:
Carina’s phone number for Seniors Helping Seniors has changed. Please call 250-935-6793from now on, Monday to Friday, between 10 am and 5 pm preferably. Thank you! – Carina VerhoeveWalking Group:
We meet every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 9 am sharp, at Manson’s Hall parking lot. We walk 30 to 90 min, then enjoy coffee and conversations in the Co-op or Manson’s Cafe. Everybody welcome. Seniors’ Lunches
, all start at 12:00 noon (contact Carina6793 if you would like to come):
• April 3 or April 4 – date TBA – Quadra Community Centre, please take 9:50 ferry. There will be rides available on Quadra.
• Wednesday, April 10 – Raven Rose Farm, 478 Manson Road
• Wednesday, April 17 – Sue & Andy Ellingsen, 1472 Norton Road
• Tuesday, April 23 – Location TBAIntroducing Death Collective
: Founded by Margaret Verschuur, with contributions from original members including Mercedes Grant, Brittany Baxter and Fawn Baron.
Death & Dying – It’s a topic that affects us all, yet it’s not given the attention it needs. We are a group of folks who are enthusiastic about opening up conversations about death, dying, and grief. We’d like to explore how to prepare for our own death, become knowledgeable about current practices, as well as alternative approaches, and generally become more comfortable with the subject, enabling us to live more vibrantly today. – See full Tideline post, March 11, by Mercedes Granthttp://www.cortesisland.com/cgi-bin/tideline/show_articles.cgi?ID=11462&TOPIC=0Cortes Housing Committee:
Cortes Community Housing invites you to a Public Open House on Sunday, April 7, from 10 am until noon, in Mansons Hall.
Come and see the results of the architects' workshop. Give feedback and provide your input and ideas.
Coffee, tea and treats provided. We look forward to seeing you there!
We are so pleased to share this exciting news with you – now that it is official: the Coastal Community Credit Union has given us a $5,000 grant towards the new well in the Seniors Village. – Hayley Newell
See the full document Spring Into Action
in attachmentStitch in Public
(again in the Cortes Island Museum)
• First Thursday of the month, 10 am–noonFolkU
at Linnaea Farm, SunLit Room, 1 pm
• April 5: How to Tell a Joke with Rick Bockner
• April 12: Learn How to Make Chocolate by Hand with Catriona Vega
• April 26: Biodynamic Gardening 101 with Linnaea Master Gardeners
Check email format newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/f2b52e5627ae/ciss-april-2019-newsletter