Highlights of my accomplishments in the last 10 years as your Regional Director are listed below. These, as well as my re-election platform, voter info and diary can be found at www.nobaanderson.ca
Take a look!
..........................Would not have happened without my commitment of time and energy on your behalf:ParksHanks Beach
– a new 150 acre waterfront forest conservation parkWhaletown Commons
- a 70 acre new SRD park protecting a salmon stream and linking Whaletown neighbourhoods. New Beach Accesses
- 7 new and 7 planned Cross-Island trail and park connectivity planning
– led by the SRDCortes Parks & Trails Committee
– designed to strategically plan and advocate for island-wide connectivity and conservation.HousingCortes Community Housing Initiative
– a partnership of the Cortes Island Seniors Society and the Cortes Island Foundation who bought 50 acres of prime land in Manson’s and is dedicated to the provision of stable, affordable housing for locals. http://www.cortescommunityhousing.orgEconomic ActionCortes Island Business And Tourism Association
(CIBATA) – I facilitated its formation.Cortes Local Economic Action Plan
– the Island’s first integrated strategic plan. Purchase of 2.5 acre commercial land
by CIBATA next to Manson’s Hall – I sourced the funding and enabled the sale.Cortes Island Foundation
- whose mission is to facilitate strategic gifting in support of community needs and priority projects. I convened the first board of directors. Regulatory clarity for the aquaculture sectorFirst Nations Relations
Created an effective working relationship with the Klahoose First Nation
Instigator and first Chair of SRD First Nations Relations CommitteeHealthStrathcona Community Health Network
- Co-founder and present Co-Chair, the Network’s mission is to improve the health and well-being of communities in the Strathcona region by focusing on root causes. Our 2018 priorities are housing and transportation. www.strathcona-chn.net Cortes Home Support Program
– I secured multi-year core funding to support the Health Association’s program largely serving seniorsIntegrated Senior’s Health Action Team
– A new initiative to address the many needs of seniors so that they can live and die in our community with dignity.TransportationCortes Transport Action Plan
– which outlines Cortes transportation solutionsCortes/Quadra Transport Table
with the Health Network and the Minister of Transportation to advocate for a cross-Quadra bus.EnvironmentRecycling Centre Re-build
– an upgrade from completely inadequate to the lovely facility that we all now use. Cortes Climate Action Team
– mapped Cortes Greenhouse gas emissions and recommended actionsPlanningNew Official Community PlanZoning Bylaw Review
– still a work in progressLocal Non-Profits
Commitment to core support for our community groups
Creation of Island-wide fundraising support, training and database
Allowance to spend considerable Gas Tax funds on local non-profit projects.
New heat pump energy systems in both community hallsI was part of the efforts that established:
Two new regional hospitals in Courtenay and Campbell River
$45 Million, 100% funded from the feds and province, for a SRD-owned regional subsea fibre-optic cable backbone infrastructure to increase internet access to rural and remote coastal communities, including Cortes.
In Gratitude for the honour of this office.
Noba AndersonAuthorized by Kate Maddigan, Financial Agent elect.nobagmail.com
You forgot something ...