General News · 30th June 2018
The Literacy Outreach Coordinator (LOC) for Cortes Literacy Now is a contract position funded by the B.C. government via Decoda Literacy Solutions. This year-round position has now become available with a start date of September, 2018 (flexible). The current LOC will work alongside the new LOC for training and handover purposes during the first month.
Potential candidates should possess excellent leadership skills; strong personal initiative; thorough attention to detail; superior organizational skills; clear spoken and written communication abilities; and a passion for community engagement. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in grant writing and fundraising and/or a background in teaching/education.
The LOC position requires between 10-40 hours a month (averaging about 25 hours per month) and pays $20 per hour.
• Convening meetings of the Cortes Literacy Now community task group (approximately 3 times per year)
• Managing funds granted by the provincial government (via Decoda Literacy Solutions) for local literacy outreach, including detailed financial management of operating costs
• Planning, marketing and executing literacy programming and events, including fundraising events and an online presence
• Establishing partnerships with the local Cortes School and other community groups in the literacy domain, as well as other regional LOCs
• Identifying and applying for appropriate grants
• Writing yearly reports for Decoda Literacy Solutions and other stakeholder groups
• Meeting off-island (usually once per year) for training conferences (with all travel costs and time paid)
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to cortesliteracygmail.com no later than July 15th, 2018.
For more information on this position or the application process, please feel free to contact Travis at cortesliteracygmail.com.