General News · 22nd December 2016
From the Volunteer Firefighters, Chief Mac Diver and the Board of Directors.
Some Winter Safety Tips and reminding you to be Fire Smart all year round.
• Always turn your Christmas tree lights off when you leave the house or go to bed.
• Test your fire alarms and change your batteries to ensure they are working properly.
• Don’t use your Christmas tree for firewood.
• Never burn gift wrapping, boxes, cartons and other types of packaging in your wood stoves/fireplaces all at once. It burns to rapidly and generates to much heat.
• Have your chimneys cleaned and please don’t burn wet firewood.
• Watch for Ice and uneven surfaces. Slow Down and take your time while walking.
• Drive Cautiously as the roads are slippery with icy conditions. Be sure to slow down, especially on the corners and bridges.
Please stay safe over the holidays!!
right back at ya
Comment by Wendy on 21st December 2016
Giant thanks to the crew and board for working to watch our backs.