General News · 14th August 2016
Saturday, August 20th Sponsored by Cortes Seniors
Gather family and friends, grab rakes, shovels, and buckets and come down to Smelt Bay on Saturday, August 20. Bring drinking water, hats and sunscreen.
Because this is an intertidal event and low tide is at 1.30, registration begins at the civilized hour of 10 am and lasts until 11. You have until 1.30 to sculpt your masterpiece.
Categories this year are:
1. Children 6. and under: advised by one or two adults
2. Children 14 and under: no adult supervision or advice
3. Sea Critters (includes mermaids)
4. Animals (includes dragons and other animal monsters)
6. Other (could be boats, Big nickel, flags)
Modest cash prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in each category. Presentation will of prizes will be at 2 pm.
There will be hot dogs, cold drinks, pies and ice cream cones for sale.
If you have questions or would like to volunteer call Gail Ringwood at 250 935-6960 or Dianne Hentschel at 250 935-0084.