General News · 23rd August 2015
Literacy Now - Melissa
The Literacy Outreach Coordinator (LOC) for Cortes Island is a contract position starting on October 1, 2015. The current LOC will work alongside the new LOC initially and be available for training and information sharing for the first month. The position requires excellent leadership; thorough attention to detail; ability to organize well; clear spoken and written communication skills; and a passion for community engagement. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in grant writing and fundraising.
The position requires 10-40 hours a month (flexible) and pays $20 per hour. The Fall/Winter/Spring months are on the higher end of hours required. Responsibilities include:
• Meeting off Island (approximately 2 times per year, with all travel costs and time paid)
• Writing reports for Literacy Now and other stake holder groups
• Detailed financial management of operating costs, etc.
• Regular communication with Literacy Now, other LOCs, the financial steward, the task group, and community members/organizations via email and/or phone and in person
• Designing and posting advertising for programming, events, etc.
• Planning and executing programming and events, including fundraising events
• Identifying and applying for appropriate grants
• Connecting and utilizing community expertise
• Planning and facilitating meetings (with the community, task group, and individual programs)
If you are interested in this position, and would like more information, please contact Melissa Flagg at 604-992-0125 or via email at cortesliteracygmail.com.
Resumes will be accepted via email (to the email address listed above) until Wednesday, September 16th 2015, and should be accompanied by a cover letter. Interviews will take place toward the end of September.
Please take the time to view the 2014 Community Literacy Plan before applying. It can be downloaded below, or emailed to you upon request.