General News · 10th September 2014
Cortes Literacy Now
The Literacy Outreach Coordinator (LOC) for Cortes Island is a contract position starting on October 1, 2014. The current LOC will work alongside the new LOC for the first month for training and information sharing. The position requires excellent leadership; thorough attention to detail; ability to organize well; and clear spoken and written communication skills.
The position requires 10-40 hours a month (flexible) and pays $20 per hour. The Fall/Winter/Spring months are on the higher end of hours required. Responsibilities include:
• Meeting off Island (approximately 2 times per year, with all travel costs and time paid)
• Writing reports for Literacy Now and other stake holder groups
• Detailed financial management of operating costs, etc.
• Regular communication with Literacy Now, other LOCs, the financial steward, the task group, and community members/organizations via email and/or phone
• Designing and posting advertising for programming, events, etc.
• Planning and executing programming and events, including fundraising events
• Identifying and applying for appropriate grants
• Connecting and utilizing community expertise
• Planning and facilitating meetings (with the community, task group, and individual programs)
If you are interested in this position, and would like more information, please contact Susanna Bonner at 250-935-0347 or via email at cortesliteracygmail.com.
Resumes will be accepted via email (to the email address listed above) until Monday, September 22, 2012, and should be accompanied by a cover letter. Interviews will take place on September 23, 24, and 25.
Please take the time to view the 2009 Community Literacy Plan with 2014 updates before applying. It can be downloaded below, or emailed to you upon request.