2017 has arrived & with it brings forth exciting changes for CIBATA!
Please join us at CIBATA AGM, April 4, 2017, in the Museum, 957 Beasley Rd.
Speaker to be announced.
Commencing this year, the fee structure for joining CIBATA has changed. Since CIBATA is an extension branch of the Discovery Islands Chamber of Commerce (DICC) we have eliminated the ‘extra’ fee to become a CIBATA member. For 2016, CIBATA members only need pay dues to the DICC . DICC membership is simultaneous to becoming a CIBATA member. A large portion of the dues paid to DICC by Cortes members will come back to CIBATA on an annual basis.
We'd like to put the invitation out there to all local businesses, entrepreneurs, non profit groups, etc. to join our growing group of people who are connected with a common desire to have a vital island economy.
To date, we represent a wide variety of rental accommodations, eco-tourism providers, shops, restaurants, grocery stores, marinas, and other services that cater to visitors. Businesses involved in other industry sectors are not only welcome, but encouraged. The success of this non-profit organization depends on diverse and active membership.
By becoming a DICC/CIBATA member, not only can you be a partner in creating a stronger economic future for our island, but you will receive the following benefits in 2016:
In addition to the DICC membership benefits and savings, CIBATA can offer your business:
• A customized entry for your business on our visitor targeted website -> www.ourcortes.com
• Representation at the Vancouver Outdoor Adventure and Travel Show
• Inclusion in joint marketing initiatives, i.e. print publicity, radio, online, social media
• Sponsorship opportunities, giving you the chance to contribute to various events and programs of benefit to the community as a whole.
• A voice of representation at meetings with regards to issues affecting our community’s economic well being, i.e. BC DICC BENEFITS & SAVINGS
Through it’s local members and those of the BC Chamber of Commerce, the DICC offers its members a range of cost-saving & enhances service benefits, including:
• reduced fuel rates
• group medical & dental coverage plans
• preferred credit card rates for merchants
• reduced telephone & communication rates
• reduced accommodation & car rental ratesDownload an application
, or email me to request one today! If you've already submitted a membership form and payment to the DICC, please do let me know via email. ThanksCortes Island Business and Tourism, the Discovery Islands Chamber of Commerce, and the community need you! Renew, join anew, and reach out and encourage the companies you do business with to join as well.