General News · 16th December 2013
Two Opportunities to work with the children at Cortes Island Playschool!
We have an opening for an experienced teacher (ECE certified or in training) AND an assistant, starting January 21, 2014. Hours will likely be Tuesdays and Thursdays 10am – 2pm, teacher will also have 2 hours weekly for prep and planning.
The parent committee would like the program to be:
• Phenomenal interpersonal skills. Able to communicate effectively with children, parents, Manson’s Hall Manager and the SCCA Board.
• Depth of experience with young children.
• Ability to create a strong daily rhythm while maintaining flexibility
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to meet each child’s developmental stage.
• Ability to gently teach literacy, numeracy and other pre-school learning objectives within the context of play, nature, and the arts.
• Ability to create a compassionate environment, supporting healthy peer interactions among children.
• Ability to create an attractive program for children and parents.
Remuneration: Teacher $18/hr. Assistant $12 / hr.
Please send cover letter noting the position(s) you are interested in, resumé and phone numbers for 2 references by Monday, December 30th to mansonshallgmail.com or mail to Cortes Island Playschool, General Delivery, Manson's Landing, BC, V0P 1K0. Teacher interviews will be held on Tuesday, January 7th, assistant interviews to follow.