Yesterday I stopped at Squirrel Cove to see if the chum were spawning... and they are! These Chum salmon spend one to three years traveling very long distances in the ocean and end their life-cycle by spawning in the stream. Please.......
* Leave you dog at home. If you do bring a dog, leash the dog and keep it out of the water.
* Approach the river bank slowly and quietly.
* Don't throw anything in the river.
* Don't allow your children to pick them up!
* Respect private property
* Avoid wearing bright coloured clothing, especially reds, purple and pinks which salmon see very well.
This info above comes from various websites.
Dog owners: Not only for the fish do you need to keep your pet on the leash, for your dogs safety as well:https://oregonvma.org/care-health/salmon-poisoning-disease
(Thanks Heather for sending this along).