A place for writers to develop their craft while benefiting from the support, feedback & camaraderie of experienced authors.
The Literary Arts Society is an informal gathering to be held at the Co-op Cafe for all writers of fiction, non-fiction, and poetry between the ages of fourteen and twenty-five, as well as published authors of any age.
To attend, bring a piece of your writing and an open mind.The activities of the Literary Arts Society will include:
• Reading your literary creations out loud for the edification and entertainment of yourself and other members.
• Chewing the rag with other creative types to share resources, techniques and inspiration.
• Reading a paragraph from your favourite book, then discussing its merits with the group. It's great way to understand what makes for good literature while letting other people know about a well-written book.
• Literary games & activities to hone your skills and wit. These will different for each meeting, so stay tuned.
• Thick skinned members can opt to have their work critiqued by the group, but this is optional; you can also just come to hobnob and let others appreciate your writing uncritically.
If you want to improve your writing skills and meet other island writers, this is the event for you!
Full rules for participation can be found here:www.corteswriters.wordpress.com/rulesPlease bring two or three paper copies of your original piece and R.S.V.P to isaautomathic.org