The Literacy Outreach Coordinator (LOC) for Cortes Island is a contract position starting at the beginning of August 2012. The current LOC will work alongside the new LOC for the first month for training and information sharing. The position requires excellent leadership, organizational, spoken and written communication skills, as well as 10-40 hours a month (flexible) at $20 per hour. Responsibilities include:
• Meeting off Island (approximately 2 times per year, with all travel costs and time paid)
• Writing reports for Literacy Now and other stake holder groups
• Detailed financial management of operating costs, etc.
• Regular communication with Literacy Now, other LOCs, the steward, the task group and community members/organizations via email and/or phone
• Designing and posting advertising for programming, events, etc.
• Planning and executing events (to raise awareness and funds)
• Connecting and utilizing community expertise
• Planning and facilitating meetings (with the community, task group, and individual programs)
If you are interested in this position, and would like more information, please contact Coreen Boucher at 250-935-0152 or via email at cortesliteracytwincomm.ca. Resumes will be accepted via email (to the email address listed above) until Friday, July 20, 2012, and should be accompanied by a cover letter. Please take the time to view the 2009 Community Literacy Plan with 2012 updates before applying (this can be viewed on www.cortesliteracy.com
or can be emailed to you upon request).