General News · 16th May 2012
2012 SEAFEST - Saturday May 19th - Squirrel Cove
How to be a most excellent Cortes seafoodie at the Oyster Festival...
• Be willing to try oyster sausage pearls;
• Give a ride to folks walking toward Squirrel Cove, especially if they are waving oyster shells;
• Enjoy it all: the sun, the food and the people;
• Take festival treats home for dinner by purchasing very local seafood from the product sales table;
• Send Emilia and Gunnar Hansen to the London 2012 Olympics to see their grandson Alec Page swim, by purchasing a ticket for the 50/50 draw;
• Bring extra money (after all, the ticket price of $18 for adults hasn't changed in years);
• Spend your money buying local crafts, baked goods, posters, aprons and supporting the TeenSzene;
• Enjoy all the musicians including late additions Eric Fine, Liesa, and Stephano Paradiso
• Check the wait here for a ride area and give visitors a lift to the ferry if you live in Whaletown;
• Be a true hero and give someone a ride to the ferry even though you live in Mansons.
Serving begins at 11:30 until 4 ish.
Tickets will be available at the festival. $18.00/adults.
See you there!