Community Articles
Go to Site Index See "Community Articles" main page
General News · 4th April 2012
Jude Marentette

On Friday, March 30th, I inadvertently ingested what appears to have been water hemlock, and survived mainly because it was violently expelled from my system within 10-15 minutes.

As an islander is known to have very recently been collecting, “working with”, flagrantly displaying and threatening people with this plant material, I can only (libelously) speculate as to how a lethal poison found its way into a water glass in my home.

I share this information both to alert you to be mindful of potential dangers in and around your home, and to strongly urge you to convey any and all knowledge you have of dangerous or threatening behaviour to the Quadra RCMP immediately. Please insist that they relay this information to the related Health Care Professionals as soon as possible.