General News · 15th November 2011
Flurries are in the forecast, so here is a reminder to get ready:
• Locate your water main in the event you need to shut it off in an emergency.
• Drain all garden hoses.
• Clean out the gutters and use a hose to spray water down the downspouts to clear away debris.
• Drain gas from lawnmowers.
• Move sensitive potted plants indoors or to a sheltered area.
• Insulate exposed plumbing pipes.
• If you go away, leave the heat on, set to at least 55 degrees.
• Get your winter tires on your vehicle
• Drive carefully, black ice will be here before you know it on the famous corners.