General News · 1st February 2011
Old SchoolHouse Art Gallery
This is a call for proposals for solo shows and invitational group shows for the 14th Season of the Old SchoolHouse Art Gallery. The Season generally runs from June to the middle of September.
Proposals need to be submitted by Saturday, March 5 before noon...either by email (nipruttelus.net) or mail (Box 203, Whaletown) or you can present them at the planning meeting which will be held at the SchoolHouse Gallery on Saturday, March 5 at 2 pm.
For information in preparing your proposals, the guidelines are shown below:
A show should contain the following elements:
- One of a kind pieces
- A distinct expression of the artist's work
- A unique series of pieces
- Presented in an environment that enhances its art qualities
To Apply for a Solo Show
Provide, in writing, the following information:
- Title of the show
- Description of work
- Sample photos of the work, where possible
- Special requirements, if any
- Preferred time frame for the show (this is a guideline only for the Selection Committee and does not ensure this time frame will be available)
The solo artist automatically becomes the Coordinator for their show
To apply for a Group Show
Provide the same details as above, plus a list of participants and the name of the Coordinator for the show.
Please contact Janet Turpin if you have any questions.