General News · 5th January 2011
The Cortes Island 2011 Challenge
1. - To collectively lose 2011 lbs. of excess body fat from Island residents by Cortes Day - that's only 2 lbs/ resident;
2. - A fun(d)raiser for the Cortes Island Food Bank - let our loss be their gain!
Food for thought:
- Weigh-in and registration will be during the month of January; you can weigh-in and register at the medical clinic, or you can e-mail your weight and goal to jumarcortesmsn.com.
- Weigh-out will be on Cortes Day, where we will have a booth and sell tickets on the best guess as to the total weight loss achieved.
- Individually participants may obtain sponsors (and much needed psychological support) for your efforts; e.g. - get $ pledges from friends and family, or outright donations.
- Confidentiality: your weight will not be disclosed; only your stated weight-loss goal and the amount you actually lose will be announced. The registration record will be kept in confidence.
- A support group will be formed consisting of each other, and various participating health professionals
- The onus, and means of achieving your goal, rests with you.
Contact: Marcel & Julia - 935-6681; jumarcortesmsn.com
Challenge # 1 - Marcel will lose as much as the total combined weight loss of Nancy, Frank, Ray, Julia and Emelia.
Challenge # 2 - Cortes is challenging Quadra, and other Island communities, to match our efforts.
Challenge # 3 - ???