General News · 18th November 2010
A tidal waters sport fishing licence:
* is required to fish for any species of finfish or shellfish.
* is not transferable and is not valid unless signed by the licence holder.
* can be obtained in person; a parent may obtain a licence for a child under age 16; and a licence can be obtained for a spouse.
* must be produced on request by a fishery officer, conservation officer or fishery guardian, so ensure you have your licence with you while fishing or transporting your catch.
* Juveniles must obtain a licence, at no charge.
* Annual licences are valid from date shown on the licence to the following March 31. Licences of a shorter duration expire at midnight on the final day of validity.
* It is illegal to hold more than one licence.