General News · 30th May 2010
SCCA AGM Agenda 2010
Monday, May 31, 2010 - 7:00 p.m. -Main Hall, Manson's Hall
1. Call to order and introduction of 2009-2010 Board of Directors
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Approval of 2009 AGM Minutes
4. President's Report - Myrna Kerr
5. Financial Reports:
Review of 5 Year Financial Records - Tom Bennet
Treasure's Report - Del Hendon
6. Committee and Program Reports - Play School Program - Laura Heslin
7. Election of new SCCA Board of Directors: Facilitator Andy Ellingsen
ο Decision on number of Directors, currently 10.
ο Continuing practice of Board of Directors to select the Executive Positions at the regularly scheduled June 2010 meeting.
ο Presentation by Elinor Bazar, Vice President - Recommendations to the membership on the requirements for a establishing a strong SCCA Board.
ο Directors continuing: Elinor Bazar, Romina Wendell, Del Hendon, Terri Storey, Garnet Blackie and Laura Heslin
ο Appointed Directors to be elected for a two year term: Jenny Hartwick
ο Election of Board of Directors for 2 year terms: Tom Bennet
8. Election of Cemetery Committee: Facilitator Andy Ellingsen
ο Current Committee: Chair, Ann Dewar; members: Marg Sullivan, Clarence, Sullivan, Jeanne Campbell, Ian Disney and Myrna Kerr
ο Election of Cemetery Committee for 2010-2011 (Chair Ann Dewar has agreed to stand for re-election and all committee members have agreed to remain.)
Break for 15 minutes
9. New Business: Hall Service Tax - Facilitator Julian Ayers
ο Presentation from Noba Anderson on Community Hall Tax Service from Noba Anderson, Cortes Island Director for Strathcona Regional District (SRD)
ο Southern Cortes Community Association membership to vote on the format of future taxation: parcel tax, assessment tax or combined parcel/assessment tax.
ο Southern Cortes Community Association membership to vote on requesting a referendum to have Manson's Hall included as a service funded by the SRD.