General News · 8th February 2010
Position will cover 10 weeks, from March 11 to June 3 (excluding spring break March 26-April 12), 3 hrs per week, plus two off Island trips. The weekly session are held on Thursdays, from 3:45-5:15 at the Cortes Island School.
AIL is a leadership and life skills program for 10, 11 and 12 year olds. The program is run by the Cortes Community Health Association and includes snacks, open gym time, team building activities, community projects and fundraisers, as well as off Island adventure trips.
• Assist Coordinator in set up, operation and clean up of weekly sessions
• Work with small groups on designated projects
• Take part in all games and activities unless otherwise instructed
• Attend day trip to Comox Wave Pool. Supervise children at all times, in the pool and on the ferry
• Attend 3 day/2 night off Island trip. Participate in all activities, assist with food preparation, set up and clean up, supervise children at all times, assist with discipline, and run activities
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
• Experience working with children, volunteer or paid
• Leadership training or equivalent
• Patience, energy and initiative
Hourly wage will be $17/hr honorarium
Applications must be submitted in writing to the Cortes Community Health Association, care of Marilyn, Box 59 Manson’s Landing, no later than 12:00 noon on the Friday, February 19, 2010.
Applications must include:
Cover letter describing why the candidate wants the position
Proof of any related training
At least one letter of reference
A copy of a recent criminal record check
Please contact Sarah at 935-0282 with any questions.