Weekend of May 16
Escape to beautiful Cortes Island for a day of feasting, entertainment and fun.
Kick-off time is 11:00 AM, Saturday.
- Seafood court we serve em hot, we serve em raw
- Oyster bar - slurp back those babies with a favourite sauce.
- Raffles get your tickets for a draw on a Huskie 340 18"chainsaw, a Ryobi straight shaft weed-eater, and a 5 cu ft deep freeze, complete with Gunther's freezer meat pack and gift certificates from local stores and farms..
- Bandstand some of the hottest entertainers around.
- Stalls & booths
- 50/50 draw.
- Largest oyster competition
- Activities for everyone.
- Dance the evening away at the Gorge Hall.New this year: -
- Kids' Oyster Garden where young and old can paint/decorate Rock the Oyster then plant him along with dozens of others on the beach prizes to all participants.
- The Brian Stevenson Happy Hour drink a toast our dear departed friend and oyster farmer; enjoy snacks and nibbles.
- The Oyster Bar on Saturday is included in the all-you-can-eat Food Court ticket.
- Friday the 15th - Oyster Bar and feature shellfish dishes at Hollyhock and the Gorge Marina.
- Sunday, May 17th - Frisbie golf tournament and entertainment at Squirrel Cove.Proceeds will go to purchase a "Smart Board" for the Public School.
Ferries will be overloaded, and there are limited food court tickets available. We provide shuttle service to and from the ferry.
Visit our official web site for more details and updates www.cortesshellfish.ca
Contact: Damian Taylor phone 250)935-6868; e-mail damian6taylorhotmail.com