General News · 12th November 2008
Cortes residents and property owners will elect a Regional Director to represent the island at the Strathcona Regional District level.
General Voting Day will be on Saturday, November 15th, 2008 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. to qualified electors of Electoral Area 'B' at the following locations.
- Cortes Elementary School on Beasley Rd, &
- Campbell River Community Centre, 401 11th Ave.
Advanced Voting Opportunities will be held on Wednesday, November 5 and Wednesday, November 12, 2008 between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. at the Campbell River Community Centre.
A Special Voting Opportunity will be held at the Cortes Public School, Saturday, November 8, 2008 from noon to 3:00 p.m.
If you are not on the list of electors (voter's list), you may register at the time of voting by completing the required application form available at the voting place. To register you must meet the following qualifications:
- 18 years of age or older,
- Canadian citizen,
- resident of B.C. for at least 6 months immediately preceding voting day,
- resident of or registered owner of real property in the area for at least 30 days immediately preceding voting day, and
- not otherwise disqualified by law from voting.
Resident electors will also be required to produce 2 pieces of I.D. (at least one with a signature and one with your residential address.) Picture I.D. is not necessary. The I.D. must prove both residency and identity.
Mail Ballot Voting
For info or a ballot contact Chief Election Officer, JamesWarren, 334-6000 or by email at electionsstrathconard.ca