General News · 3rd February 2018
If you're over 50, or hope to be one day, you're invited to an introduction to the Nutrition and Healthy Aging series on Thursday, February 15, 10:30-11:45 at Manson's Hall.
The four-part series, which will begin in March, will be led by Maureen Williams ND and funded by Literacy Cortes. This introductory presentation is offered to the Seniors Society and will be an opportunity for you to hear more about the series and contribute ideas to help shape it.
Grounded in nutrition science, the series will cover topics that are timely, confusing, or just critically important, like:
• Phytonutrients! Or, What are SuperFoods and what makes them so super?
• Understanding fats and how they impact health
• Carbohydrates and metabolism: Finding the balance
• Taking care of the microbiota that makes you You!
• Longevity diets from around the world
Come learn more on Thursday!